Administration and Finance Support
Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Permanent, Full Time
£18000 - £18000 per annum
Ashberry Recruitment are looking for an Admin/Finance Officer for their client based in Bradford.
The successful candidate will provide administrative and finance support to the CEO and Head of Service as well as the Senior Finance Officer. You must be proficient in using IT systems including Word, Email, Accounting Systems (Preferably QuickBooks), Internet and Excel Spreadsheets.
Our client are a non-profit making organisation that provides a range of supported housing accommodation, floating support and other services for vulnerable communities.
Main Duties – Admin
- To provide a PA role to the Chief Executive, i.e. organise meetings, appointments and liaise with our management team when requesting information/reports and performance data (both internal and external) in line with deadlines
- To assist in the analysis of data/information and prepare reports accordingly
- To type emails, letters and reports in a professional manner
- To provide an administrative function to the services we manage i.e. type up supervision notes and other documents requested by the Head of Service and Service Managers
- To ensure that administrative and record keeping systems are maintained for internal and external monitoring purposes
- To assist the Chief Executive in preparation of meeting reports and information for internal meetings i.e. Staffing Sub Committee Meetings, Non Stat meetings and management committee meetings
- To attend Sub-Committee meetings and take minutes accurately and then prepare notes and disseminate to relevant people
- To ensure that ID cards for new staff are prepared and issued
- To assist in the planning and organisation of our Annual General Meeting, including preparing articles for the annual review report, venue, buffet, sending out invites, speakers and ensuring that administrative arrangements are all in place
- To lead on annual consultation exercises with staff, service users and external stakeholders. To analyse reports from completed questionnaires and assist Head of Service in drawing up action plans
- To attend the monthly Management Committee Meeting, take minutes of the meeting then distribute to the Trustees
- To lead on organisation of quarterly in-house training & development days i.e. organise the venue, lunch and assist in the planning of the agenda in conjunction with the Chief Executive and/or Head of Service
- To provide cover on the Duty Admin desk at the hostel as and when required
- To assist in the accreditation processes for Investors in People, Investors in Diversity, CHAS health and safety and any other accreditation processes including reviews
Main Duties – Finance
- To oversee the verification of all staff absences and provide regular reports to the Chief Executive and Service Managers on request
- Negotiating contracts for staff phones, photo copiers etc
- To be responsible for ordering and maintaining office supplies and ensure a stock control system is in operation, researching the most cost effective items.
- To attend Finance Sub Committee Meetings and take minutes accurately and then prepare notes and distribute to relevant people.
- Dealing with utility companies in a professional manner in order to query bills and ensuring that fuel budgets are adhered to.
- Seeking meter readings from staff in order to ensure the accuracy of utility billings, ready to be paid
- Dealing with any council tax issues
- To maintain an accurate record of all utilities expenditure in order to query payments.
- To maintain accurate paper trails of all expenditure and income, ensuring all income and expenditure is accounted for and filed correctly
- To provide a rent reconciliation officer role which will include the following
- Inputting HB and DWP direct payments onto rent sheets and QuickBooks
- Inputting financial information and data onto the QuickBooks accounting systems
- Verifying service charge payments
- Help the Senior Finance Officer prepare monthly rental income report for the CEO/Trustees
- Back up the rent folder on a weekly basis
35 hours per week, flexible working