Don't be shy about letting us know and we'll do the digging!Contact us
Ashberry Recruitment are always recruiting for agency Social Workers for our clients all across the North of England.
This particular requirement is for a number of Agency Social Workers to join our client Tameside Council and their Children Service Locality Teams.
Post Objectives: To promote and safeguard the welfare of children in need, looked after children and children in need of safeguarding by means of an effective assessment of need and the coordination and provision of appropriate services.
Requirements and expectations:
– To act as named social worker for children known to children’s services under child in need/child protection plans and children subject to care proceedings.
– To develop a relationship with children and young people which enables them to meaningfully share their wishes and feelings.
– To work with families, in order to help identify and implement necessary support to ensure children are able to thrive and develop.
– To ensure children are effectively safeguarded and implement necessary measures to address any risk posed to them.
– To work with and co-operate effectively with professionals including education, health and police.
– To implement and monitor child in need, child protection and looked after care plans for children.
You will be joining a neighbourhood Social Work team and hold a varied and complex case load ranging from initial assessment, direct work with children and families, court work and formulating and implementing SMART plans.
You will work on a duty rota one in every 3 weeks and have autonomy in managing your diary and workload whilst having regular supervision and support from a Practice Manager for your pod as well as two Team managers for the neighbourhood team.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
Contracts are generally offered as full-time but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3-month period initially before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, there is home/remote/agile working available within a lot of these requirements but practitioners must be willing to conduct home or office visits when the service requires this (within current guidelines).
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.