Don't be shy about letting us know and we'll do the digging!Contact us
Ashberry Recruitment are always recruiting for a number of agency Social Workers for across the North of England.
This particular requirement is for an Agency Social Worker to join our end client Blackpool Council within their Support To Foster Carers Team.
A vacancy has arisen on the Support to Foster Carers team. The role of the fostering team social worker is to assist the foster carer in their task of providing care to a child in care which will improve the child’s well being and life chances by promoting the individual outcomes for children. You will that ensure the foster carer has access to adequate social work and other professional support, information and advice, to enable the foster carer to provide consistent, high quality care for a child or young person placed in their home. Your relationship with the foster carer should be within professional boundaries and with a clear understanding you’re your primary responsibility is to the child in placement. You will ensure that the child is seen and their individual needs are reflected in support for the carers professional development.
Our client is looking for the following in applying candidates:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods
· At least 2 years’ experience statutory children’s social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise, fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children’s services data systems (Mosaic;ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
Contracts are generally offered as full-time but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3-month period initially before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, there is home/remote/agile working available within a lot of these requirements but practitioners must be willing to conduct home or office visits when the service requires this (within current guidelines).
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.