Don't be shy about letting us know and we'll do the digging!Contact us
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Social Workers to join our client, Lancashire County Council.
Our client is looking for applicants with at least one years post qualification experience within a relevant Children Services Social Work Team(s).
This requirement however is for two Social Work Professional Auditor to join their Audit Team based at County Hall, Preston.
Our clients job description for this role is as follows;
The Children’s Social Work Audit Team is a key element of Children’s Services and of the improvement plan. We have a key role in both understanding the quality of practice across Children’s Services and driving improvement in the quality of services provided to children in Lancashire. We are a small but effective team covering Children’s Social Care, Fostering, Adoption, and SEND.
Audits in Children’s Services cover three tiers:
• Tier 1 – Compliance Audits
• Tier 2 – Quality of Practice Audits
• Tier 3 – Head of Service Audits
The role covers undertaking tier 2 audits, supporting the quality control of tier 2 audits by managers, providing analysis of tier 2 audit findings.
The role will requires the ability to challenge practitioners and managers with regards to the quality of practice and/or the quality of the LCS records.
The ideal candidate will;
• Be an experienced social work practitioner.
• Have a good understanding of and experience of audit.
• Have the ability to use the LCS system.
• Numerical ability.
• Ability to use MS Excel and MS Outlook.
We would ask that applicants meet the following;
• DIPSW or equivalent qualification and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
• Have a full driving licence and car available for work
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
• Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
• Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
• Have confident IT skills, and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
• Have the ability to write clear, concise robust reports.
• Have a flexible approach when need arises.
Our client is offering an hourly rate of up to £32 per hour (umbrella) for this requirement.
Contracts here are full-time and offered for a minimum of 3 months, which are then typically rolled on for another 3 months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment also work with the majority of local council and authorities within the North of England and Yorkshire. Our team of specialist Social Work Consultants are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency career.
Please contact Gavin on 01282 447729 should you like to discuss this role further or should you wish to discuss any other QSW role within the North of England