Children Social Worker – Adoption
Preston, Lancashire, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£24 - £37 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for Qualified Social Worker’s to join our client, Lancashire County Council and their Children Services Teams.
We have a number of requirements but this advert refers to a requirement within their Adoption, Recruitment & Assessment Team.
Core Values and Job Purpose:
• To support the recruitment of adopters
• To provide advice, training and support to adults inquiring about becoming adopters
• To undertake assessments of prospective adopters
• To support adopters and their family to an appropriate match and to gaining an adoption order
Duties and responsibilities
This post is based within Adoption Lancashire and Blackpool with a need to work within the legislation, Adoption Agencies’ Regulations and National Minimum Adoption Standards at all times.
• To undertake thorough and complex assessments of adoptive applicants, to analyse the information provided, and to present well written Prospective Adopter’s Reports to the Adoption Panel
• To plan and participate in the preparation and training of Adoptive applicants
• To support adoptive applicants through the process of matching and into placement
• Being involved in planning, facilitating and running training events
• To work as an enthusiastic and committed team member, contributing to the development of the Service
• To participate in team meetings, service meetings and any working groups deemed to be appropriate
• To participate in and deliver training for staff and adoptive applicants
• To participate in regional and national events as appropriate
• To contribute to administrative, monitoring and evaluation systems for the adoption service
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time and normally offered for a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.