Children Social Worker – Post Order & Permanence Team
Tameside, Greater Manchester, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£19.98 - £35 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Worker’s to join our client, Tameside Council within their Children Service Teams.
My client, Tameside Council are looking to recruit 2 x Social Workers for their Looked After Children (LAC) Team. Full time. £35ph (umbrella).
Post Objectives: To promote and safeguard the welfare of children looked after
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To carry out assessments of children looked after.
- To co-ordinate service provision to meet the needs of those children.
- To carry out reviews and statutory visits in accordance with statutory and service procedures.
- To carry out direct work with children and their families to meet their assessed need.
- To respect and promote the needs of children arising from their racial, cultural, religious, and linguistic background.
- To supervise children on behalf of Authority, as directed by the court.
- To engage parents, carers, and children in meaningful and open working relationships, to encourage their full participation in meeting the needs of the children.
- To support the development of parents and carers as required to achieve best outcomes for the children.
- To undertake such work jointly with colleagues within the service and from other agencies in appropriate cases.
- To observe all statutory regulations.
- To meet the Standards set by the Social Work England
- To attend meetings as required.
- To prepare and present information (both written and oral) to Panels, the Court, and other agencies.
- To maintain up-to-date records on all work carried out and to ensure good and effective communication with other professionals involved.
- To attend all regular supervision sessions with the Team Manager as required, taking an active part, and preparing for each meeting.
- To participate in all training as required.
- To observe all Council and service policies and procedures in respect of administration and professional practice.
- To contribute to policy making within the service and to the evaluation and review of services.
- To undertake such duties commensurate with the level of responsibility for this post.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time and normally offered over a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.