Children Social Worker
Wigan, Greater Manchester, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£21.46 - £26.88 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for two Qualified Social Worker’s to join our client, Wigan Council and their Fostering/Adoption Support Team(s).
You will be a passionate and motivated Social Worker who appreciates the value of children remaining in the family where possible in order to support some of our most vulnerable children. You will be able to work using initiative and have strong interpersonal skills to not only engage carers and family, but to build robust relationships with colleagues. You will be a team player and be able to see the strengths in all you encounter with a keen commitment to problem solve innovatively.
You will have experience of working in a Duty or Locality Team and have experience of undertaking Form C and Form F assessments.
We are looking for an experienced Social Worker to join the team. You will be assessing Connected carers and Special Guardian’s suitability to care for a child/ren they have a pre-existing relationship with; in addition to providing regular support. As part of your role you will work closely with the children’s social work teams and family members, provide comprehensive viability and full assessments for court and providing insight to the care planning process.
About the client:
Wigan Council has been voted ‘Council of the Year’ at the 2019 LGC Awards and has recently published The Deal 2030, our ambitious plan for our borough.
You will be joining a busy and proactive team of Social Workers, support workers and other colleagues who strive to support Wigan’s children to live in family settings where they cannot live with parents.
“Wigan is a great place to work, and as a local authority, we truly value and recognise our staff as its greatest asset. We are ambitious about our offer to Wigan’s children and young people and our shared goal is to ensure that young people have accommodation options that prepare them for adulthood. Through our “BeWigan” behaviours, Be Courageous, Be Accountable and Be Positive, we actively encourage innovation, strive to deliver outstanding services and celebrate our successes”
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time and normally offered for a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.