Head Of Service – Children Services
Blackpool, Lancashire, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£500 - £600 per day
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Head Of Service – Children Service’s for our client Blackpool Council.
Our client is looking for suitable candidates with very recent experience to include working with the new ILACS Ofsted framework.
Blackpool Council have now created an additional Head of Service to take our Social Work services forward.
Along with the other Heads of Service, and other members of the senior management team you will be responsible for the safe and effective running of Children’s Social Care, ensuring that we can demonstrate that our services are developing to become good or better for children of Blackpool.
You will be part of the senior management team and will report to the Director of Children’s Social Care.
You will support and challenge our workforce to ensure we consistently deliver effective work with our children and families.
You will be part of a driven senior management team who are working closely together to improve performance and professional standards.
You will set strategic objectives and play a pivotal role in translating these into high quality service delivery.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts here are full-time, and generally offered for a minimum of 3 months before rolling on.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy further or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.