Housing Support Worker
Bradford, West Yorkshire, UK
Contract, Full Time
£10.5 - £10.5 per hour
As a Housing Support Worker you will be responsible for delivering a high-quality support service, which promotes client choice and control and ensures clients learn new skills, make positive life choices and achieve best possible outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide pro-active service and advice to service users who have experienced trafficking.
- Manage a case load ensuring each Service User receives services appropriate to their individual needs.
- Contacting Service Users at regular intervals in order to ensure wellbeing and safety.
- To mitigate suffering from the after-effects of the trauma caused by trafficking, sexual abuse, rape and/or domestic slavery.
- Identify and assess the risks and needs of trafficked victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist.
- Develop individual support plan to meet individual risks the client faces.
- Providing advocacy, emotional and practical support and information to service users including in relation to legal options, housing, health and finance.
- Refer on and arrange meetings with other agencies/services as necessary, for instance, solicitors, police, social services, counselling, benefit agency, etc.
- To undertake housing management functions as needed in services were accommodation is provided to clients. This includes all aspects of health and safety.
- Previous experience of supported housing/accommodation.
- An understanding of modern slavery and trafficking.
- Experience providing casework support to vulnerable clients, including crisis management and risk assessment.
- An understanding of the immigration law and re-housing asylum seekers.
- Experience of providing a co-ordinated service with statutory and voluntary services available for the client group.
- Knowledge of welfare and housing benefits, universal credits etc.
- Ability to support service users effectively in a crisis
- An innovative thinker that can seek solutions
- Strong IT skills
- Current, ehanced DBS
This is a temporary role, with the opportunity to be considered for a permanent role.
Part time until 31st December: Mon to Fri 10:00-14:00 each day
Full time starting 4th January – Mon to Fri 09:00-17:00 each day