Housing Support Worker
Preston, Lancashire, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£9.77 - £9.77 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently looking for several Housing Support Workers to work in the Lancashire areas, including; Preston, Accrington, Blackburn and Burnley.
You will be working on an Adhoc basis (As and when), with the opportunity to discuss any contract positions available, as and when they arise.
As a Support Worker, you will be providing resettlement support to clients within the sheltered housing project and dispersed tenancies.
Some of your duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Working as part of a small team
- Carrying out client needs and risk assessment for all referrals
- Supporting tenants through individual resettlement support plans
- Homelessness, Hostels
- Substance Misuse, Drug and Alcohol
- To ensure clients comply with their tenancy agreement
- Supporting clients with welfare rights, budgeting, employment, education, and training
- Liaising with all relevant housing agencies to find suitable move on accommodation for tenants
- Develop links with the local community
- Ensure communication systems are accurately maintained and up to date
- Maintenance of the Health and Safety incident and accident records
- To be aware of and work within agreed organisation policies and procedures
Requirements for the role:
- Enhanced DBS Check (A check will need to be carried out if no current DBS is in place)
- Full UK Driving Licence and Car (Ideally but not essential)
This can vary from part-time to full-time hours, on a Adhoc/casual basis.
£9.77 Holiday Inclusive (The rate will be broken down)