Settle, North Yorkshire, UK
Contract, Full Time
£17143 - £21787 per annum
Human Resources Administrator
Ashberry Recruitment are looking for a fixed term (4 Months) HR Administrator for our client in Giggleswick. Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment by complying with the school’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures at all times.
To support the Human Resources (HR) Manager in providing an outstanding HR Service to the School and in the delivery of the School’s strategic aims:
- To act as a point of contact for all users of the Human Resources service;
- To provide an effective Human Resources administration service;
- To co-ordinate recruitment including safer recruitment practices;
- To ensure accurate personnel records on all employees, volunteers and contractors.
Main duties and responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection
- To deliver a first-class recruitment service and to lead the School recruitment campaigns, forming effective relationships with all candidates and stakeholders.
- Carry out all administrative processes including, but not limited to, preparing recruitment documents, organising recruitment timetables, drafting and placing adverts, sending and logging application forms, administering recruitment campaigns and contacting candidates;
- Ensure that the HR service compiles with safer recruitment practices and compliance including DBS checks, references, ID checks including right to work in the UK and teachers checks;
- To support the Human Resources Manager in sending out offer letters, variation letters (e.g. change of hours) and exit interviews to leavers;
- To be responsible for DBS checks for starters and renewals, ensuring that DBS forms are completed accurately and in full, tracking online to ensure progress has been made and update the School’s databases as appropriate. Also reminding new employees to subscribe to the DBS Update Service;
- Preparation of new staff files prior to the new employee commencing, liaising with the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) to arrange the Safeguarding Induction.
HR Database and Reporting
- Supporting the Human Resources Manager to ensure compliance in Law and Regulations.
- Maintenance of the School’s Single Central Register;
- Ensure the HR database accurately reflects current staff details. This includes inputting starters and leavers, contractual amendments, change of details, annual leave and recording of sicknesses and other leave, in accordance with employment law and the Data Protection Act (GDPR);
- Collation and monitoring of Probationary Review forms, Safeguarding and Induction training.
Advice and Guidance
- To form effective working relationships with staff and line management alike ensuring high levels of customer service.
- Provide day-to-day advice to line managers and employees on general HR related queries, requests and school policies and procedures, escalating more complex issues to the HR Manager;
- Assist in formal meetings such as employee investigations, disciplinary meetings and grievances;
- Ensuring compliance with staff related policy procedures such as those related to probationary, SPL, capability, and absence;
- Support the HR Manager in updating of policy and procedures.
- Carry out general administration tasks for the HR Manager, for example sorting post, telephone answering, devising standard human resources documents and letters and managing the HR inbox.
- To participate in regular team meetings and personally contribute to the development and promotion of the School;
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the School’s range of equality and diversity and safe guarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all pupils and staff;
- To participate in the School’s appraisal scheme and undergo further professional development in line with the needs of the school;
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not have been identified. Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the Head to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
- Possess a minimum Level 3 Qualification
- CIPD Qualified or working towards
- Previous experience of working in a HR environment
Upon completion of the 4 months contract, this role has the opportunity to go permanent on a part time basis of 25 hours per week, Monday – Friday, Term Time.