Full time role, where the worker must be able to respond to queries that come through the panel mailbox (email). This is a busy mailbox as queries come through all the time, therefore you must be available to respond timely.
Hybrid – in the office 2 days a week minimum
Panel Meetings occur on a Friday most weeks (roughly 09:30 – 3pm), so you must be available all day on a Friday.
1x Service Meeting a month on a Wednesday.
1x Panel Planning meeting on a Thursday.
Great role for those wanting a Senior role without managing a team.
Looking for experience at Senior/Manager level within Fostering. Experience as a Panel Advisor is preferred.
Role is to cover sickness, initially approved for 3 months and looking for a candidate to start ASAP.
To quality assure papers being prepared for Panel to make sure they meet the necessary standards and that all relevant papers are available.
- To act as professional advisor for fostering Panels regarding Panel procedures and practices, the impact of any recommendations made by the Panel, and all relevant current and proposed Government Legislation and guidelines.
- To ensure that the Panel undertakes reviews of practice and outcomes as required and they are consistent with regulation and guidance.
- To be the main reference point for adoption staff concerning Panel policies, procedures, expectations, and outcomes.
- To assist the Service Manager and fostering service in partnership with the Panel Chair in the appointment, development, and performance review of members of the Fostering Panel.
- To be responsible for the induction programme for new Panel members, and in partnership with the Panel Chair, for Panel development/training.
- To be responsible, with the Panel Chair, for ensuring that applicants, foster carers, and workers attending panel are treated with respect and all questions/matters raised are appropriate and managed sensitively and that feedback is collected, analysed and fed back to Panel and key staff.
- To be responsible, with the Panel administrator and Panel Chair for ensuring the smooth and timely running of the Panels.
- To work with the Panel Chair and Panel administrator to ensure the Agency Decision Maker receives final minutes in order that all decisions are made within timescales. To ensure in partnership with the Panel Chair, that the Panel process is completed to the point of decision making and all outcomes are recorded, and final versions of minutes and other documents are signed and filed. Job specification
- To provide quarterly reports on panel data, and quality assurance reports for the work of the Panel for presentation t the senior Managers group and Partners executive. The role contributes to the ongoing development of the adoption service and you will sensitively evaluate, evidence, and analyse practice and performance and feed back to panel and key staff.
- You will deliver a range of training for panel members, managers and staff in the Fostering Service.
- Ensure you operate within GDPR guidelines by regularly reviewing data held and destroying information in line with retention schedules