Practice Manager Social Worker – Care Planning/Adoption
Denton, Greater Manchester, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£35 - £35 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Workers to join our client, Tameside Council.
This requirement is to join our client as an Practice Manager within Care Planning/Adoption.
They are looking for applicants who can offer them the below;
An experienced practitioner with significant experience of front line work within children’s social care.
Experience of Care Planning and Adoption Regulations.
Case manage complex cases.
Attended Legal Planning meetings
Provide management support, guidance, regular supervision to members of the adoption team and care planning and family finding teams within the Regional Adoption Agency.
Provide management oversight of the linking and matching process.
Chair meeting relevant to Care Planning and the Adoption process.
Support with the development of the Care Planning and Family finding spoke with the Regional Adoption Agency.
Provide Duty Management Cover.
Quality assure, tracking cases to prevent drift.
Deputise in the Team Managers absence.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time and normally offered over a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.