Senior Social Worker – Children Services
Temporary, Full Time
£38 - £38 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of agency Children Service Social Workers to join our client, Blackpool Council.
This requirement is for a Senior Social Worker to join their Strengthening and Support Family Team.
Blackpool Council focus on safeguarding children and improving their outcomes, join them on our improvement journey.
Blackpool Council ask agency applicants to be able to meet the following criteria:
- Supporting the Team Manager in the effective and efficient running of the team. Ensure that children and young people are safeguarded and protected from harm, and positive outcomes are promoted through timely intervention.
- Working collaboratively with partner agencies, children, young people and their families to assess their needs and plan and deliver services
- Coach and mentor less experienced staff including Family Workers and Newly Qualified Social Workers undertaking their Assessed Year in Supported Employment
- Supporting the Team Manager, Senior Managers and Principal Social Worker with Continuous Professional Development and promote learning environment that encourages learning and utilises evidence informed practice.
We are revolutionising the way we work within Children’s Services. We’re looking for talented and passionate individuals who want to succeed in helping us to achieve a better future for children and families.
Starts are available for ASAP and with Covid the role is currently offering a mixture of at home/remote/agile working.
Post is full time.
Interviews will be held remotely/virtually.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have an enhanced and in date DBS certificate.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Can work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Can write clear, concise, and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
- Contracts are generally full-time, but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3-month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, there is home/remote/agile working available within a lot of these requirements along with suitable allocation of PPE.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter on 01282 525 510 or 01282 447729 should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss ANY other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.