Social Worker – Adoption
Blackburn, Lancashire, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£21.46 - £26.88 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of agency Social Workers to join our client, Blackburn with Darwen Council.
Blackburn with Darwen Children’s Services require a temporary Agency Social Worker within their adoption service.
Our client are looking for applicants with a minimum of 1 years’ post qualifying experience, preferably in both Looked After Children and Family Finding for adoption, but at least one or the other.
A good understanding of Adoption Regulations and statutory requirements in relation to looked after children is required.
The post holder will hold a caseload of Looked After Children for whom they are the allocated Social Worker, undertaking statutory visits and all other responsibilities relating to the children’s looked after status. Alongside this, they will be responsible for seeking adoptive families for these children and supporting them up to the point of the Adoption Order.
The post holder will be based in the Children’s Services office in Blackburn town centre principally, but being as part of Adoption Now Regional Adoption Agency means you will also be required to attend meetings, cover duty, etc at an office in Bolton town centre from time to time.
Managers are easily accessible.
[Currently due to COVID, there are some working from home arrangements and you will be informed of requirements at interview for office availability etc.]
The Blackburn office is open plan with modern working arrangements. There is provision of tablets and smartphones to assist with modern agile working and free car parking available within a short walk distance
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have an enhanced and in date DBS certificate
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time and normally offered over a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.