Social Worker – Adoption
Blackpool, Lancashire, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£35 - £35 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Work professionals to join our client, Blackpool Council.
This requirement is for an agency Social Worker to join their Adoption Service.
An opportunity has arisen to complete connected carers assessments.
You will undertake court directed assessments both within the local area and be expected to travel across the UK if required.
You will work closely with the children’s teams to inform care planning decisions and outcomes for children and young people.
Candidates must be able to meet the following criteria:
· Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods
· Have at least 2 years’ experience in statutory children’s social work
· Good understanding of safeguarding children processes
· Experience of court work
· Experience of managing a varied and complex case load
· Ability to write concise, fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
· Ability to work as part of a team.
· Experience of inputting into children’s services data systems (Mosaic; ICS)
· Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time and normally offered over a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.