Social Worker – Child Protection
Knowsley, Merseyside, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£25 - £31.15 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for several agency Children Services Social Workers to join our excellent and settled client, Knowlsey Council.
I am looking for 6 x Agency Social Workers to join their Child Protection Service and 1 x Agency Social Worker to join their Shield / Child Exploitation & Missing Team
Child Protection Social Work Team
Our client requires several experienced child protection social workers for their Child Protection Service that completes C&F assessments, Section 7 & 47, CIN and CP plans along with PLO.
They are ideally looking for candidates with 3 years’ experience to:
- Promote the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people, and their families.
- To carry out timely assessments on children, young people, and families in accordance with the Framework for Assessment and working together guidance.
- Ensure assessments and planning for children and young people actively promote the participation and engagement of all relevant agencies, the child/young person, and their family.
- Prepare/formulate care plans for children and young people which take account of their views wishes in the implementation of those care plans.
- To maintain case records to a high standard and produce reports in accordance with the Service guidance/policy and procedure which reflect national guidelines using the relevant information technology.
- To ensure that the diverse needs of children, young people and their families are identified, met, and regularly reviewed and plans updated to reflect any subsequent changes.
- To participate in developmental activities as may be required, and to promote improvement of service or the use of resources.
- Ensure the statutory duties of the Council are fulfilled and met in accordance with legal requirements and Service responsibilities in relation to statutory reviews or instruments in accordance with the responsibilities of the post taking into consideration the council’s duty to promote and safeguard a child’s welfare.
- To pursue appropriate personal and professional training and development opportunities as and when they occur to ensure compliance with Social Work England and Directorate standards/expectations.
- To comply with all the Council’s Standing orders and Financial regulations.
- Any other duties (commensurate with the grade) which will assist the Service in meeting its objectives Health and safety.
- To use equipment as instructed and trained.
- To inform management of any health and safety issues which could place individuals in danger Data Protection and Information Security
- Implement and act in accordance with the Information Security Acceptable Use policy and Data Protection Policy
- Protect the council’s information assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference.
- Report actual or potential security incidents.
Shield/Child Exploitation & Missing Team
The Shield Team is a multi-agency team for children at risk of sexual and criminal exploitation, trafficking, and missing from home or care placed in and out of the borough.
Knowsley Children’s Social Care is seeking to recruit a qualified social worker to undertake good quality front door screenings and assessments, child exploitation and missing assessments, develop clear and focused plans, and ensure timely delivery of effective services to young people at risk of exploitation and missing and their parents.
There will be an expectation to complete some short interventions with children that are being exploited or are at risk of exploitation.
The successful applicant will need.
- Qualified and professionally registered as a social worker.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
- Experienced and have abilities in respect of working in partnership with children, adolescents and their families and partner agencies.
- Experienced in working with complex and sensitive issues and sexual and criminal exploitation.
- Knowledgeable about adolescent development and contextual safeguarding
- Able to work individually and as part of a multi-agency team.
- Demonstrate comprehensive and up to date knowledge and understanding of statutory frameworks and local and national policy and guidance relating to safeguarding, missing and exploitation.
A DBS and possible extra police vetting will be required for this post.
These are full time requirements on a 36hr working week/timesheet, these are on-going contracts, with the potential to join the end client on a permanent basis if that is desirable at some point down the line.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have an enhanced and in date DBS certificate.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Can work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Can write clear, concise, and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
- Contracts are generally full-time, but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3-month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, there is home/remote/agile working available within a lot of these requirements along with suitable allocation of PPE.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter on 01282 525 510 or 01282 447729 should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss ANY other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.