Social Worker – Children In Care / Permanence Team
Warrington, Greater Manchester, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£26.88 - £26.88 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Worker’s to join our client, Warrington Borough Council.
This requirement is to join as a Social Worker within one of their Children in Care Permanence Service which will be based at Butterworth Street, WA1 1BN.
Our client is looking for four social workers due to social worker progressions within service and externally.
The client wants applicants to have knowledge of care planning regulations and the children act, knowledge of statutory duties required of a social worker including statutory visits and child and family assessments. Excellent analytical and assessment skills, the ability to meet performance deadlines, be able to manage full and complex case loads, offer flexible working and be available on occasions to work later to visit sometimes out of office hours.
The Social Worker must be child focused and able to demonstrate the ability to implement relationship based and systemic based practises, have good knowledge of the issues and risks faced by children in care and the procedures to manage these. We want people who work well individually and within a team as well plus are happy to work a duty rota.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach when need arises.
Contracts are full-time and offered for a minimum of 3 months.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency career.
Please contact Gavin should you like to discuss these vacancies further or should you wish to discuss any other QSW vacancies within the North of England and surround regions.