Social Worker – Community Mental Health Team (CMHT)
Temporary, Full Time
£30 - £37.38 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of agency Social Workers to join our client, Lancashire County Council.
This requirement is for a number of Social Workers to join their Community Mental Health Team (CMHT), based out of their Pendle office in Nelson.
The list of key social work tasks below is influenced by the end clients key areas of practice:
- Undertaking assessments and support planning for social care under the Care Act 2014. This includes signposting as appropriate and assessment of eligibility under the Care Act 2014
- The prioritisation of Care Act Assessments/Support Planning / other social care tasks which are required in order to enable a person to leave hospital and return to the community, to promote recovery and mental wellness.
- Prioritisation of safeguarding referrals when personal welfare is believed to be at risk. This will include the investigation of safe guarding concerns and the development and monitoring of safety plans when appropriate • Re-assessments of care packages with a view to ensuring that service user outcomes are met.
- Attending CHC/ Joint funded/ section 117 related reviews and responding as appropriate.
- Implementing the Care Act within the spirit that it was intended to be used.
- The provision of Social Supervisors and compilation of tribunal reports when appropriate (in relation to tribunal reports, health care staff may be more appropriate if they have a better knowledge of the service user).
- Prioritisation of all requests for AMHP involvement in Mental Health Act Assessments and wider practice.
- Mental Capacity Act related work.
- Accountability / approval for care package expenditure in line with the Local Authority Policy, promoting the use of Direct payments and Personal Budgets.
- Bringing a distinctive social perspective to mental health practice by recognising the role of social factors as antecedents, determinants and perpetuating factors in the experience of mental distress.
- To, along with their multidisciplinary colleagues, promote recovery focused practice emphasizing hope, control and opportunity as core to the culture of mental health services through their practice.
- The commissioning of services on behalf of eligible service users in accordance with policy and procedure.
- To ensure that your practice is underpinned by a sound understanding of the Care Act, MHA, MCA and DoLS legislation and Human Rights Act.
The post holder is expected to carry out their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures and the Directorate’s Statement of Principles and Standards of Conduct.
Starts are available for ASAP and with Covid the role is currently offering a mixture of at home/remote/agile working, but workers are expected to travel to and from the office as well as conduct visits.
Posts available as both full and part time.
Interviews will be held remotely/virtually.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have an enhanced and in date DBS certificate.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Can work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Can write clear, concise, and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
- Contracts are generally full-time, but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3-month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, there is home/remote/agile working available within a lot of these requirements along with suitable allocation of PPE.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter on 01282 525 510 or 01282 447729 should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss ANY other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.