Social Worker – Family Placement Team
Trafford, Greater Manchester, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£19.98 - £30 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Qualified Social Worker to join our client, Trafford Council as a Family Placement Social Worker.
Your Main Priorities
To work as part of a multi-agency team and provide a service that meets the needs of children and their families as well as those of prospective and approved foster
- The completion of SGO assessments and completion of SGO support
- The identification, preparation and implementation of training for carers
- Provide on- going support to carers, both prior, during and after placement
- Keep up to date and organised case files in line with departmental policies
- Liaise and consult with key colleagues
- Participate in placement planning meetings, and children’s reviews
- Keep abreast of overall developments in Social Work practice and to contribute to the development of the Service
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the grade as required by the needs of the service.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time and normally offered over a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.