Social Worker – Locality Teams
Temporary, Full Time
£35 - £38 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are always recruiting for agency Social Workers for across The North of England.
This requirement is for a Children & Family Locality Social Workers to join our client, Manchester City Council, to be based either at their ‘Central’ or ‘South’ district offices. Central being Longsight and South being Wythenshawe
These posts are full time, but part time applicants may be considered.
- Experienced Social Workers (minimum 2+ years statutory social work experience within a Local Authority/2 years experience in court work)
- The ideal candidates will have experience in complex child in need and child protection.
- The candidates will be based within the Court and Locality Team but will be taking cases from Duty and Assessment.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have an enhanced and in date DBS certificate.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Can work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Can write clear, concise, and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
- Contracts are generally full-time, but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3-month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, there is home/remote/agile working available within a lot of these requirements along with suitable allocation of PPE.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter on 01282 525 510 or 01282 447729 should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss ANY other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.