Social Worker – Looked After Children/Care Leavers
Bolton, Lancashire, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£19.98 - £30 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Worker’s to join our client, Bolton Council.
We have a number of requirements for a number of different teams in their Children Services, however this particular requirement is for agency Social Workers to join their Looked After Child Service.
This is a busy and dynamic team offering a statutory service to Looked After Children, Care Leavers and Homeless Young People; some of whom will have very complex needs.
They work with Young People from the age of 16 potentially up to 25 helping them to develop their Pathway into independence.
My client is looking for persons with outstanding communication skills and the ability to engage with resistant Young People. You will need to be committed to improving life chances and outcomes for Care Leavers. You must also have excellent skills within assessment, analysis and planning as well as being comfortable in managing complex and challenging needs, risks and behaviours. You should understand the disadvantage faced by Care Leavers and be able to work creatively and collaboratively to redress this balance.
This can be demanding but rewarding work. Bolton Council have a strong teamwork ethos with frequent team meetings. You can expect regular formal supervision, easy access to informal support and excellent in-house training.
Full time position | 37 hours per week
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts here are full-time and generally offered for a minimum of 3 months before rolling on.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy further or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.