Social Worker – Looked After Children Team
Denton, Greater Manchester, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£21.46 - £26.88 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Worker’s to join our client Tameside Council.
Our client, have a number of requirements for a number of different teams within their Children Services, this particular requirement is for agency Social Worker(s) to join their Looked After Child Team.
The main duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Completing statutory visits to looked after children and ensuring their needs are met within their agreed placements and their voice is heard and incorporated into all planning
- Seeing the child/young person alone and seeing their bedroom as part of all statutory visits
- Completing relevant and up to date assessments to inform planning for all looked after children
- Completing court statements and attending court where necessary
- Completion of pathway assessment for children due to transition to leaving care team
- Facilitating and providing evidence for care planning meetings where necessary
- Ensuring PEP reviews are attended regularly Updating ICS system to ensure all relevant plans and actions are evidenced
- Ensuring written evidence of all work is completed in a timely manner
- Working closely with family and other professionals to ensure the holistic needs of all Looked after children are met.
- Working as part of a team and being part of a duty rota system.
- Working flexibly in order to meet the needs and of the service.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work practice in children’s’ services and be registered with the HCPC.
Tameside Council are situated within easy assess of motorway networks, there is free on site parking and opportunities for flexible working.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with the HCPC as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts here are full-time and generally offered for a minimum of 3 months before rolling on.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy further or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.