Social Worker – Multi-Agency Referral and Assessment Team (MASSS)
Temporary, Full Time
£30 - £35 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are always recruiting for agency Social Workers for across The North of England.
This requirement is for a Multi-Agency Referral and Assessment Team (MASSS) Social Worker to join our client, Bolton Council, which is normally based out of their Castle Hill office, Bolton but working across the borough.
Our client is looking for the following experience.
- Worked in referral and assessment or similar team and familiar with statutory processes.
- Undertaken home visits to gather information to establish any safeguarding concern- initial child /family needs assessments.
- s47’s enquiries- including coordination of statutory meetings and closing s47 if no further action/concern.
- Provide short term interventions -liaising and passing case assessment/referrals to other teams when progressed.
- Work within the Courts, taking statutory action when necessary to protect a child, including Emergency Protection Order applications and initiation of Care Proceedings.
- Duty rota cover – front line social work.
There is flexible working in place with a balance between working from home/office and statutory visits to meet the needs of the service.
Candidates will need to be able to undertake duty and home visits.
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams (or in a socially distanced meeting room).
References will be requested for any candidates offered an interview.
Full time 37 hours per week – free onsite parking
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have an enhanced and in date DBS certificate.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Can work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Can write clear, concise, and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
- Contracts are generally full-time, but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3-month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, there is home/remote/agile working available within a lot of these requirements along with suitable allocation of PPE.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter on 01282 525 510 or 01282 447729 should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss ANY other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.