Social Worker – Team Manager – Tameside
Denton, Greater Manchester, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£40 - £40 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of agency Children Services Social Workers to join our client, Tameside Council.
This requirement is for a Agency Team Manager in one of their Looked After Children Team’s
Our end client is looking for the following;
- Post qualifying experience in assessment and care planning services for children in need.
- 3-year post qualifying experience of the relevant service area.
- Experience of staff supervision.
- Management of social care services or joint services.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Manage activities to meet requirements.
- Contribute to improvements at work.
- Develop teams and individuals to enhance performance.
- Develop your own resources.
- Develop productive working relationships.
- Provide information to support decision making.
- Manage the use of physical resources.
- Manage the use of financial resources.
- Manage the performance of teams and individuals.
- Respond to poor performance in the team.
- Facilitate meetings.
- Manage information for action.
- Legislation, regulation and standards relevant to service area assessment and care planning process and procedures relevant to service area.
- Human growth and development and relationships.
- Planning and decision making structures and mechanisms relevant to the service area.
- Social care theory. Management theory and practice.
- Government and local objectives and targets for the service area.
- Role and function of key partner agencies in the statutory and voluntary sector. Knowledge of current developments in relevant service area.
Key Aptitudes and Personal Qualities
- Ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Willingness and ability to make informed and timely decisions.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to identify, analyse and communicate complex information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of media.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to manage change.
- Personal integrity and flexibility.
- Public service orientation.
- Ability to manage stress and work under pressure.
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
This is a full time requirement [36hrs], on a on-going contract, with the potential to join the end client on a permanent basis if that is desirable.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have an enhanced and in date DBS certificate
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, there is home/remote/agile working available within a lot of these requirements.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.