Supervising Social Worker
Temporary, Full Time
£30 - £35 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are always recruiting for agency Social Workers for across The North of England.
This requirement is for a Supervising Social Worker to join our private IFA client, based near to Bolton.
We have two roles available, one SSW role to be covering parts of Lancashire and one SSW role to cover parts of Greater Manchester
This role is to provide and deliver professional support and supervision to Foster Carers whilst promoting the safe care and development of the foster children in order for them to achieve their full potential in terms of their physical, social, emotional and educational needs.
Supervising Social Worker role responsibilities are as follows:
- Ability to develop and implement effective supervision plans for Foster Carers, ensuring these are implemented consistently.
- Providing supervisory visits to Foster Carers with children in placement in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring Foster Carers respond to the supervision process and benefit from the supervision provided.
- Undertaking additional support visits as often as is necessary.
- Support Foster Carers at all professionals meetings involving our CLA.
- To support Foster Carers in maintaining records as required.
- To contribute to the review, development and performance of Foster Carers.
- To ensure that placements are made and sustained in accordance with a child’s Care Plan and policies and procedures.
- To work with the children in placement to ensure that they are not open to abuse, they feel safe and their views are heard. • Encouraging Foster Carers to ‘participate’ in the service delivery.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have an enhanced and in date DBS certificate.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Can work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Can write clear, concise, and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
- Contracts are generally full-time, but part time and flexible working hours may be considered. Contracts are normally offered over a 3-month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
With the current covid circumstances, this is a mainly working from home post, with requirement to do visits where needed and/or visit the client cntral North West based office, near Bolton.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter on 01282 525 510 or 01282 447729 should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss ANY other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.