Team Manager Social Worker – Children With Disabilities Team
Blackpool, Lancashire, UK
Temporary, Full Time
£40 - £40 per hour
Ashberry Recruitment are currently recruiting for a number of Qualified Social Work professionals to join our client, Blackpool Council.
This requirement is for an agency Team Manager for their Supporting Children with Complex Needs Team.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and problem solving skills and will be able to multi task a complex caseload across both the children’s social care teams and SEND partners.
The post holder will manage the Statutory functions of the Supporting Children with Complex Needs Team which involves a diverse caseload of disabled children and their families. You will need to have a thorough understanding of the Children’s Act, PLO, safeguarding procedures, processes involving children in our care and the over arching statutory functions of a children’s social care team including visits and reviews. You will need Assessment Team and processes associated with the issue of education, Health and Care plans as identified in the Children and Families Act. An established practice knowledge of children with disabilities would be beneficial as well as an understanding of guidance associated with overnight short breaks.
The successful candidate will have had a minimum of 5 years statutory social work experience in a mainstream team. They will need to evidence a clear understanding of managing performance and practice within a team, as well as a dedication to robust care planning knowledge coupled with both supervision and reflective supervision protocols. You will need to be confident in you knowledge of legislation pertinent to both the social care team and also the service as a whole. A knowledge of leaving care and transitions would be beneficial.
Ashberry Recruitment would ask that applicants meet the following:
- DIPSW or equivalent qualification in Social Work and will be registered with Social Work England as a qualified Social Worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work along with business insurance.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise and robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach to work and working hours when the need arises.
Contracts are generally full-time and normally offered over a 3 month period before rolling on for another 3 more months at a time.
Ashberry Recruitment have a team of specialist Social Work Consultants who are here to help you find your next contract and support you through your agency Social Work career.
Please contact Gavin our Senior Specialist Social Work Recruiter should you like to discuss this vacancy or should you wish to discuss any other Social Work vacancies of any nature within the North of England and surrounding areas.