by Ashberry RecruitmentBerry News
Hands up if you’re guilty of promising to renew your Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) registration early this year; but then find yourself rushing around to get sorted at the last minute?
Yep, you’re not alone, we promise you.
As you probably know, the HCPC registration renewal period for social workers opened on September 1st 2018 and closes on Friday 30th November 2018.
You should have had, by now, a letter from the HCPC with information on how to renew, but if by some chance you’ve filed it, lost it, binned it (please delete as appropriate) by mistake, here’s a little recap for you:
* To renew, registrants must complete a professional declaration and pay a renewal fee no later than midnight on Friday 30 November 2018 to avoid being removed from the Register. The easiest and quickest way to renew is online via www.hcpc-uk.org/renew
* A random sample of 2.5 per cent of the profession will also be selected to submit a continuing professional development (CPD) profile during this period. Those selected for audit will receive a separate letter after the renewal notices are sent out.
* More information, including sample profiles, activity types and video guidance, is available at www.hcpc-uk.org/registrants/cpd
* The fee is tax deductible, which means that registrants paying the standard 20% tax rate can reclaim a 20% refund from HMRC.
* The HCPC is calling for all social workers who wish to remain on the register to renew as early as possible; leaving it to the last minute doesn’t leave any margin for error or amends.
* Registrants can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries on renewal or the CPD audit process.
* A range of resources and guidance about the renewal process is available on the website: www.hcpc-uk.org/registrants/cpd/